They say where you invest your love, you invest your life
Let’s build something great and beautiful together.
We are looking for a reliable and dynamic Bookkeeper to join our team in our Toronto office. This is a full-time, in-house permanent role to start immediately. You must be an experienced bookkeeper who is well organized, self-motivated, confident, deadline-oriented and excellence-driven. You must have great communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel, and accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks, Sage. Knowledge of NetSuite is an asset.
The successful candidate must be an innovative and self-driven individual and have a curiosity to improve the effectiveness of their day-to-day processes. The individual must be able to learn quickly and can perform well in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
• Hands on full-cycle accounting for the business
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Record invoices into accounting system for payment to ensure timely payment of invoices and reimbursements
• Import bank statements and reconcile bank and credit card accounts daily
• Reconcile various balance sheet and general ledger accounts
• Reconcile sales and prepare GST/HST returns for filing
• Prepare schedule of prepaids
• Maintain capital assets register and prepare monthly depreciation entries
• Be effective in independently managing tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to create an efficient month-end close process
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management
• Set up and maintain an effective electronic filing system
• Assist with the month-end and year-end closing processes
• Prepare monthly expense report and other ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Identify process and efficiency improvements and assist with creating policy and process documentation
• Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
• Process invoices according to the established system and send out invoices to customers in a timely manner.
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments received for invoices.
• Reconcile customer accounts and send out monthly statements.
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly Accounts Receivables aging report and address any past due invoices.
• Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
• Process customer receipts (EFT, credit card payments, cheque receipts) following established procedures
• Investigate and resolve customer inquiries.
• Communicate with customers via phone and email
• Make recommendations for process improvements
• Process Accounts Payable transactions, including inputting and verifying supplier invoices and payments, as well as employee expense reports
• Reconcile vendor accounts on a monthly basis
• Respond to and resolve questions and/or issues regarding invoices and invoice payments in a timely manner
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in business administration, preferably with a specialization in accounting.
• 3+ years experience in the areas of general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payables, and accounts receivables
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in Excel
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as able to work as part of a team
• Highly organized and can manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must have an entrepreneurial attitude - able to take initiative, be self-driven, and can easily adapt to change
• Some knowledge of NetSuite is an added advantage
• Knowledge of EDI systems is an added advantage.
Pehr is an internationally recognized Children’s Lifestyle Brand known for capturing the beauty and simplicity of childhood. Our playfully sophisticated products have become synonymous with quality and modern design.
Meticulous attention to detail and a flawless customer experience are intricately woven throughout our daily actions.
Our culture thrives on passion for the brand and rewards hard work and loyalty. We are continuing to add to the team new members who are both creative and innovative with an innately entrepreneurial spirit and passion for growing a brand.
Become a part of one of the fastest growing Children’s Lifestyle brands in North America.
As Merchandise Planner at Pehr,you will participate in the strategy creation and lead the execution of all inventory management and forecasting. Reporting to the Director of Merchandise Planning, you will be responsible for ensuring that the optimal inventory levels are achieved in all markets and channels. Your understanding of the key financial metrics including revenue plans by category/sku, target MOS, and the complexity of our production process/transit lead times will allow you to expertly maintain optimal inventory levels in order to ensure target revenue plans are achieved.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Guided by the category revenue plans and target inventory levels, you will establish and deliver upon the optimal flow of inventory, ensuring a consistent maintenance of target MOS by SKU.
• Create and maintain a detailed sku level category forecast to ensure all items adhere to target inventory requirements and always paying special attention to the unique requirements of all top performing skus.
• Update and analyze all inventory reporting metrics including forecast accuracy and sales performance against plan.
• Prepare analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership on inventory purchases based on: sales forecast/actual, target MOS, production lead times and MOQ’s.
• Coordinate new product launches with all internal stakeholders including Product Development, Production & Logistics.
• Maintain a detailed purchase summary for reporting to senior management to show all purchases actual vs. plan.
• Work cross-functionally with sales, operations, finance and production to help drive decision-making, process improvement and collaboration on process and functions related to inventory efficiency and management.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of systems and processes to facilitate replenishment and allocation responsibilities. Proactively utilize both systems and team members as needed to ensure your success in your role.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 5+ year's experince in invenotry planning.
• Strong business acumen, time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively under stress and juggle competing demands.
• Self-motivated, persistent, and determined - Able to work independently and function as a strong team player/leader.
•Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills.
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Quick Books Commerce, 3PL Central), with aproficiency in Excel.
Pehr is an internationally recognized Lifestyle Brand.
Our Team is based in Toronto and leads all design, development, and marketing of the collections. Meticulous attention to detail, brand consistency and clarity are intricately woven throughout our daily actions. All Pehr products are carefully and ethically manufactured in India. The brand is currently sold in over 1,00 retailers worldwide and through our own and E-commerce website,
Our culture thrives on passion and rewards hard work and loyalty. We look for articulate, innovative, and bright people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are eager to learn.
• You will become a part of a Canadian Brand recognized by The Globe & Mail in 2019 & 202 as one of “Canada’s Top Growing Companies”.
• Holidays, summer hours and flexibility to support a healthy work/life balance.
• You will be making a positive impact. Our ‘Pehr Gives Back’ initiative includes an employee lead charitable donation matching program.