The Complete Holiday Gift Guide for Baby, Toddlers & Parents
It’s officially that time of the year! Many of us are busy making a list, checking it twice, and getting ready to spread some holiday cheer. With lots to do in the final weeks of the year, things can get a bit overwhelming, but we want you to make the most of the season. Enjoy time with friends, family, and loved ones! So, if your list is looking a little long this year, don’t worry! We have you covered with our holiday gift guide for baby. Whether you’re shopping for a newborn, toddler or parent, we have some fabulous ideas we know they’ll love.
Table of Contents
- Holiday gift guide for baby
- Holiday gift guide for toddler
- Holiday gift guide for parents
- Bonus gift ideas
Holiday Gift Guide 2022
This list is chock-full of amazing gift ideas for family members. We’ve organized your holiday gift guide into three different categories: for baby, toddlers, and parents. We hope you find the perfect item for everyone on your list. Let’s get shopping!
Holiday gift guide for baby
Our baby clothing holiday gift guide has everything you need to celebrate with the newborn on your list.
- Baby Sleeper. Made with the softest organic cotton, our Baby Sleeper was designed with baby's unique needs in mind. Because we know a good night's sleep means quality sleep, we added a full two-way zip for easy changes, zipper guard at the chin, and covered feet to keep them cozy all night long.
- Clothing Sets. Help new parents create perfect holiday outfits with our clothing sets. With a few different combinations to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect set for the newborn on your list.
- Mobiles. Help make their nursery a peaceful sanctuary with one of our mobiles. Hand crafted with 100% wool felt, each Pehr mobile is beautiful, unique, and comes in a gift box for safekeeping. They make wonderful family heirlooms!
- Nursery Bundles. Looking for a few special items for the newborn on your list? Try one of our Nursery Bundles, curated to include essential nursery items that any parent would be excited to have.
- Teethers. The On The Go Teether is made from Sustainable FSC Maple Wood, designed to make travel with kids a little easier. Baby can drool, slobber and chew on the teether without worry. Just wash with warm soapy water when needed! The organic cotton bow includes a crinkly interior for added stimulation that can be taken off and thrown in the wash. Easy peasy!
Holiday gift guide for toddlers
Shopping for toddlers is so much fun, since they’re finally old enough to really enjoy the holiday season. Here are a few of our favorite items for the toddler on your list:
- Toddler Pajamas. You can’t go wrong with a new pair of cozy pajamas. Made with soft organic cotton, our two-piece Toddler Pajama Set is comfy with ‘grow with me’ cuffs, adjustable ankles andknee patches for extra durability.
- Cozy Romper Overalls. Made with 100% organic cotton, the Cozy Romper is a great gift for busy toddlers. With snaps at the back and along each leg, it can be worn overtop many styles, including our One-Pieces. They’re also perfect to mix and match with Essentials. Once they try on a pair, they'll probably want one in every colour.
- Blanket. A blanket is a beautiful gift for both babies and toddlers. Our blankets and quilts are handmade with love, so each one is unique with its own sweet details. Made with 100% organic cotton and hand screen printed by our artisan partners, this is sure to become a gift they'll happily snuggle and treasure forever.
- Corduroy Dress. Our 100% organic cotton Corduroy Dress is the perfect dress for cooler days and holiday gatherings, which is why we think it’s a great gift option. The dress features so many special details like smocking at the front, a puff sleeve and side-seam pockets. This will become their go-to dress for the season and they’ll think of you every time they put it on! Plus, parents will love the gathered elastic cuffs at the arm and two snaps at the back that make changing a breeze. It’s available in 4 colors for easy mixing and matching with our Cozy Snap Front Jacket and Ribbed Tights!
- Play Mats. From tummy time to play time, our baby Play Mats are the perfect accessory for every stage! The wee one on your list will be mesmerized by the playful prints and beautiful colors, plus they’ll be super comfy on the quilted cotton.
Holiday gift guide for parents
- Diaper Bag. Every parent knows a good diaper bag is an absolute must-have to organize all of the essentials for daytime and overnight adventures! Our carryall has a super practical interior and classic shape that will carry parents through the years. Plus, the durable canvas is wipeable and 100% cotton. It’s available in our 4 classic (and dad-friendly!) Stripes Away colors and was made to fit all of our favorite On the Go essentials!
- On The Go accessories. Speaking of . . .Our On The Go Accessories are designed to make getting out the door with kids a little easier Not sure which accessory you should gift? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Our much-loved On The Go Pouches are designed to hold all the essentials, with 4 sizes to choose from to hold diapers, an extra outfit for baby, a swaddle, burp cloth, bottles . . . you name it! Or, pack it up for a weekend with toiletries and use them yourself! The wipeable exterior and machine wash instructions make them practical and cute!
- Create a set by adding the matching Travel Change Pad that comes complete with an open pocket designed to hold travel wipes and a zippered pocket for credit cards, creams and diapers. Fold it up and it looks like a clutch!It’s tThe perfect size for a purse or diaper bag.
- Nursing Pillow. Not sure what to get for the parent who has it all? Discover the newest addition to the Pehr family! Perfectly shaped to hug the body and provide support while feeding. This super practical Nursing Pillow can be used for feeding, tummy time and seating support when your little is learning how to sit on their own! Available with 6 different cover colors to match your style, the Nursing Pillow is sold separately or as a bundle.
- Pom Pom Storage Set. Looking for the perfect gift for grandparents who have all the toys for your little one, but nowhere to put them? Tidy up and teach your child good habits with this Pom Pom Storage Set that makes it fun to organize small toys and accessories. The Set of 3 includes a Mini, Pint and Bin, perfect for holding clothes, toys, footwearand more.
- Corduroy All Day Tote. Our Corduroy All Day Tote, made of 100% organic cotton, is perfect for the new mom on your list This versatile, relaxed bag will take her from an afternoon with baby to dinner out. The knot shoulder is also adjustable, so she can wear the bag on her arm or on her shoulder. The tote also features a YKK snap closure for easy opening and closing and has 4 interior elastic pockets, perfect for all of your essentials and anr On The Go Mini Pouch! Available in 4 beautiful shades, you’ll find the perfect color for her wardrobe.
Bonus Gift Ideas
Haven’t found the perfect item yet? Don’t worry! We have a few more bonus gift ideas that will surely do the trick.
- Browse the Holiday Shop we’ve curated with all of our favorite gifting items.
- When all else fails, let them choose exactly what they want with a Pehr Gift Card.
We hope our holiday gift guide has helped you cross at least a few people off your list and we look forward to spotting some Pehr favorites under the tree this year.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re shopping for a child who has a lot of toys, it’s best to opt for a different gift category. The good news is there are plenty of options for great gifts that are not toys. Here are a few ideas to help you brainstorm:
An experience (i.e. trip to the theater or museum)
A children’s magazine subscription
Classes (i.e. art, dance etc.)
A photo album with a couple of photos to get them started
Celebrating Christmas, when your child is old enough to appreciate the season, is so special. Here are a few age-appropriate activities you can try out with your little one to celebrate the holidays:
Do a festive craft
Bake and decorate Christmas cookie
Help them write a letter to Santa
Get outside and make snow angels
Read them a holiday story like The Night Before Christmas
Watch a toddler-friendly holiday movie like A Charlie Brown Christmas
The 4 gift rule is a gift-giving guideline that can be helpfu,l when doing holiday shopping for your children. The idea is to select four different gifts for your children that fall into each of the following categories:
Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read
There is really no right or wrong way answer to this question. Some parents prefer to start buying baby stuff as soon as they find out they are expecting, while others prefer to wait a few months. Our only tip? Leave yourself enough time! It’s a good idea to have everything in place for the baby’s arrival by the time you’re about a month away from your due date. You won’t necessarily need everything as soon as your baby arrives home, but you’ll appreciate not having to run around buying baby gear, once you’re settled in at home. Start with the basics and then you can add additional items later.
Here are a few gift ideas you can opt for if your little ones don’t have anything specific on their wish list:
Get them something they need, whether it’s new clothes for school or a fresh set of sheets. Practical gifts are always a great option.
Gift them with a unique experience. This could be a ticket to an exciting destination, a trip to the museum or theater or an afternoon set aside to bake a holiday treat together.