30 Easter Basket Ideas Your Little Ones Will Love
It’s that time of the year already! Spring has sprung and for families who celebrate Easter, the holiday prep has likely begun. Looking to make this year extra special for your little ones? We’ve got you covered with 30 Easter basket ideas your little ones will love! For many children, one of the most exciting parts of Easter Day is, of course, the Easter egg hunt. The best part of our list? These non-candy Easter basket ideas for kids won’t contribute to your little one’s sugar rush (and inevitable crash). Instead, we’ve included comfy, cozy, and beautiful pieces you and your child will love and use for more than just a day.
Table of Contents
- Easter Basket Ideas for Babies
- Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers
- Easter Basket Filler Ideas
- The Actual Easter Basket
Easter Basket Ideas for Babies
Here are some cute Easter basket ideas for kids who are celebrating their very first Easter weekend!
- Short Sleeve One-Piece. With warmer weather right around the corner, a short sleeve one-piece is a great essential to have on hand. This one-piece is made with certified organic cotton, with snaps at the shoulder and legs for easy on-and-off. The adorable watercolor prints are beautiful for year-round wear.
- Essentials Legging. Want the perfect add-on to your short sleeve one-piece? Our essentials leggings are a great choice. They’re soft, comfortable, and easy to get on and off for quick changes.
- Baby Sleeper. This cozy baby sleeper was made with a full two-way zip for easy changes, a zipper guard at the chin, and covered feet to keep them cozy all night long.
- Flutter One-Piece. This adorable one-piece had to make our list of Easter basket ideas for kids. The charm of a flutter sleeve meets our woven organic cotton with a billowy silhouette and snap bottom closure, making it the perfecteasy-to-wear spring piece.
- Baby Footless Sleeper. If your little one is out of the newborn stage but not quite into toddler territory, this footless sleeper is a great pajama option.
- Hooded Towel. We love this Easter basket idea for babies because bath time is such a special time to bond with your little one. Make it extra cozy with our hooded towel made with plush, absorbent French terry, and backed with baby soft, brushed cotton.
- Swaddle. Parents and newborns alike can certainly appreciate the power of a good night’s sleep; that’s why we’re including a swaddle in our Easter baskets!. You and your little one will reach for these ultra-soft blankets for years to come. Our swaddles can even be used beyond the newborn stage as sun shields and lovies.
- Sleep Bag. If your little one is ready to move on from the swaddle, a sleep bag is a great transitional option. Our Sleep Bags are designed for little one's comfort and your peace of mind with under-arm snaps to ensure a perfect fit as baby grows. Our 1.0 Tog Sleep Bag is the perfect summer weight for a peaceful night's sleep. Our 1.7 TOG Sleep Bag will keep baby snug all year round. If you want to learn more about TOG ratings and dressing your baby for sleep, check out our blog post!
- Hatchling Blanket. A cozy blanket is a special gift your little one is sure to appreciate as they get older. That’s why our hatchling blanket makes the list of our top 30 easter basket ideas. Each unique print is brought to life with the most special details. Double-sided in organic cotton percale and woven chambray make this nursery essential extra soft and cozy. Each blanket features beautifully dip-dyed ombre tassels and ivory hand-quilted stitching.
- Ruffle Romper. Nothing says spring quite like our Ruffle Romper. Your little one will look even more squeezable than usual in this adorable one-piece. Made with certified organic cotton, our Rompers also feature leg snaps for easy peasy diaper changes.
- On The Go Teether. A teether is one of our favorite easter basket ideas for little ones. The On The Go Teether, made from Sustainable FSC Maple Wood, is designed to make travel with kids a little easier. Baby can drool, slobber and chew on the teether without worry. Just wash with warm soapy water when needed! The organic cotton bow includes a crinkly interior for added stimulation and can be taken off and thrown in the wash. Easy peasy!
- Classic Mobile. There’s no question in our minds that our Bunny Hop Mobile needs to be on this list.. This adorable handmade mobile featuring the sweetest wool bunny rabbits is a beautiful addition to your little one’s nursery.
- Two-Tiered Mobile. If the classic mobile wasn’t the right choice for your little one, maybe the Two-Tiered Mobile will suit them better! We love the Birds of a Feather style that feature subtle pinks, creamy whites, and adorable birds taking flight. Like the classic mobile, this piece is handmade using 100% wool and AZO-free dyes.
- Play Mat. Your little one will spend a lot of time on their play mat which is why it makes for a great Easter basket addition.. Our wee ones will be mesmerized by our Play Mat’s fun prints and beautiful colors and you'll love knowing they are comfortable on the cozy quilted 100% cotton.
Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers
If your little one is out of the newborn stage, don’t worry! In this next section, we’re sharing some great easter basket ideas for toddlers.
- CheckMate Flutter Dress. This perfect spring dress is our top Easter basket must-have for good reason. This adorable piece features slight ruffle sleeves and back snaps to easily pull over your little one’s head. The Flutter Dress is an all-in-one outfit ready to twirl and play, and great for Easter family photos!. Designed in lightweight, woven organic cotton, we love it on its own for toddlers or paired with our Bloomers for baby.
- CheckMate Shorts. If dresses aren’t your toddler’s thing, don’t worry. The CheckMate collection features an adorable pair of shorts as well. With a relaxed fit and side pockets to hold all their tiny treasures, these shorts are a warm-weather must-have. If you’re looking for Easter basket ideas for toddlers to pair with these cute shorts, we love to style them with our Essentials Top for an easy light layer.
- New Bedding. One of our favorite Easter basket ideas for toddlers is new bedding. This is a great way to get your little one excited about taking a big kid step. Our CheckMate Toddler Blanket is the perfect transition blanket before they move to a big kid bed! Designed to fit the full crib for your growing little one and made from organic cotton, the CheckMate print will add a timeless and relaxed vibe to your little one's space.
- Overalls. Parents and kids alike can appreciate an all-in-one outfit which is why our overall is a must-have item on our list of Easter basket ideas for toddlers. Sweet stripes and fun prints set the perfect warm-weather mood! Made with certified organic cotton, our Overalls are designed to fit in all the right places and still give your little ones all the space they need to wiggle and move.
- Cozy Set. Nothing is cuter than a matching set, so we had to include one in our list of Easter basket ideas for toddlers. Made with the coziest organic cotton, our Cozy Toddler Pant will keep them snug all season long. With an elastic waist and relaxed fit to mix & match with our Cozy Pull Over, discover an easy-to-wear, pull-on style that gets softer with every wash.
- Snap Front Jacket. Spring weather can be a little unpredictable which is why layers are every parent’s best friend. The Cozy Snap Front Jacket is a great spring layer to have on hand for chillier days. Check out our Pehr Your Own Cozy Toddler Bundle to build a complete matching set for whatever spring weather comes your way.
- Pajamas. When your little one is ready to graduate into big kid pajamas we have just the thing! Our two-piece Toddler Pajama Set is made with super soft organic cotton and designed to grow and move with your little one. In a snug fit with foldable 'grow with me' cuffs and ankles to adjust as they age, we added knee patches for extra durability and a contrast trim to bring playful prints to life.
- Cozy Romper. The final item on our list of Easter basket ideas for toddlers is our Cozy Romper. Made with the softest organic cotton, the Cozy Romper completes our Cozy Collection. With snaps at the back and along each leg, it can be worn over top of just about everything.
Easter Basket Filler Ideas
Whether you’re looking for 1-year-old basket ideas or Easter basket ideas for newborns, these add-on items are great Easter basket fillers.
- Bucket Hat. With the temperatures starting to rise, it’s time to think about sun protection. Our Bucket Hats are made from 100% organic cotton and come with a broad rim to shade your little one's delicate skin. We’ve designed ours with a hidden elastic in the back for a snug fit.
- Essentials Hat. Spring weather is unpredictable. For the days that are a little more April showers than May flowers, a cozy hat is a great accessory. So, we’ve added our Essentials Hat to our list of Easter basket ideas for kids.
- Beanie Hat. Our beanie hat is another great item on our list of Easter basket ideas for kids. Made from certified organic cotton, our Beanie Hat will keep your babe snug and stylish!
- Bib Set. Did you purchase a cute outfit from our list of Easter basket ideas for kids? Don’t forget to get something to protect it! Our sweet set of 3 bibs will do the trick! Fully reversible, they will keep your baby dry and adorable all-day long to play with their little peeps.
The Actual Easter Basket
We’ve covered a lot so far! From Easter basket ideas for toddlers to Easter basket filler ideas. Now, it’s time to talk about the actual Easter basket itself. Instead of opting for something you’ll use once, make the basket part of the gift! Here are a few great items in the Pehr storage line-up that can serve as your Easter basket for a day and storage solution for life!
- Pom Pom Basket. Our festive Pom Pom Basket is constructed with a durable cotton-canvas making it a fun Easter basket option and a great long-term storage solution.
- Printed Cube. Our Cubes take our storage to the next level. Made from our sturdy cotton canvas and framed with a wire rim, they stand up to whatever you toss into them! Whether it's a classic stripe or a bright ABC, they'll make a fun Easter basket for the weekend and a great storage basket for life!
- Storage Set. Shopping for a few little ones this year? Our Storage Sets are a great way to mix and match cubes and baskets for all your little ones this year.
- Canvas Tote. Our new Canvas Tote is another great Easter basket option that you can reuse all Spring & Summer long. Pack all of your On The Go favorites as well as those other warm-weather essentials needed for a day in the sun, whether it be towels, swimwear or extra clothing!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for Easter basket ideas for toddlers but you want to skip the plastic Easter eggs for a more sustainable option, we’ve got some great alternatives. Here are some options you can consider instead:
Recycled plastic eggs
It is believed that in the Catholic tradition, to celebrate the end of Lent, parishioners would bring baskets of baked goods to church to be blessed by a priest. Through the years, the basket tradition has been reimagined and evolved into the Easter traditions we know today.
There is no right or wrong amount to spend on your children’s Easter baskets. It’s all about what is doable for you and your family. If your budget is tight, there are lots of low-cost ways to make the day fun for your little ones. From fun clues to entertaining games focus on the experiences you’ll share rather than the value of the gifts you’ll give.
Here are a few of our favorite tips for planning a great Easter egg hunt for a toddler:
Get your supplies ready ahead of time.
Plan to have about 10 treats or prizes for each child to find.
Keep baskets or bags on hand so the kids can collect their eggs as they go about their hunt.
Hide the treats well enough that the hunt will keep the little ones busy for a while, but don’t make it so difficult that the kids get frustrated.
Supervise the hunt and help out the kids that need a little more guidance so that everyone has a chance to find some treats.